Friday 2 October 2009

84....no hold on, 83 days to Christmas!!!


Thanks to a very busy day at work yesterday, I didn't get a chance to do the usual lunchtime post, so time to catch up today, and I'll stick with the work theme.

Are we all lucky enough to finish early on Christmas Eve at work, or are you one of the many unlucky folk working in retail, and forced to stay open for those last minute present buyers on the day before Christmas?

We don't find out until the day of Christmas Eve just what time we will finish, the rumour is always that we'll be leaving work at 1pm, leaving you free to go and do whatever you want, but there are the odd few who have to stay until 5pm, and I do feel sorry for them, as it's just another full working day for them.

I have to say that I do love the atmopshere in work on Christmas Eve though, it's pretty unique as the excitement of the big day itself is filtering through to many, and obviously the workday is much a case of "slowdown" as people look forward to kids faces smiling, and everything that Christmas Day brings, some mind may be still fearful of having to cook for a full house!

Hopefully we'll all get to finish early this year, and then those Christmas tunes can really get going, I know when I'm leaving work on Christmas Eve, I always have the CD on in the car with Chris Rea's 'Driving home for Christmas' playing, I like a good sing along to that tune.

Anyway, 83 days hey? It's getting lower!!!!

I can hear the sleigh bells in the distance!

No comments: