Monday 5 October 2009

80 days to Christmas!


Christmas Day is one of the most special days of the year, if not the most special, but as a kid, I used to be taken to Church on Christmas Morning, to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

Now, despite attending church for the first 16 years of my life, I'm not the most religious of people whatsoever, but I must admit, I did have a sense of enjoyment of going there on Christmas Morning, and perhaps as I entered my late teens the novelty had worn off, or I just wanted to enjoy Christmas at home, rather than having to get ready, go out, and spend a couple of hours away from the family.

It probably had a lot to do with the fact that I would do a lot of mileage on Christmas Day, I used to start off by visiting my partner first, before heading on to my brother's house for Christmas Dinner, before then going on to my father's house about 20 miles up the road, before then heading on to see my mum who always spent Christmas Day with my step dad at his brother's house, and that was another 50 miles on from my own Dad's house!

Then I would come back and be back with my partner again, before the following day, Boxing Day, I used to set off for South Wales, about a 3 hour one way journey, and see my sister, before finally coming home a couple of days later!

I know I've drifted off the point here, and my original question is do many people still head for Church on Christmas Morning?

No comments: