Tuesday 29 September 2009

86 Days to Christmas!


Today the subject on the Christmas Countdown is the actual Countdown Calendar.

When I was young, I created an hour by hour countdown chart to Christmas, which I used to love ticking off the hours on, what i did was basically listed every hour of the clock on a piece of paper, and each day tick off the hours as they passed.

It certainly increased the build up to Christmas Eve, as in the morning when I'd get up, I'd be able to knock about 10 hours off, and that felt like a massive amount of time taken off.

It was the next step if you like from the Advent calendar, as that excitement was only limited to once a day, whereas this was every hour!

Oh it was fun, and one I'd definetly recommend to any parent telling their kids to do something similar!