Thursday 5 November 2009

49 Days to Christmas!


Yesterday, we reached the half way mark on the countdown to Christmas, and today we continue that countdown, as the days get ticked off the chart, and today, it's 49!

So, what's the tune for today?

Well, I thought we'd have one that everyone likes to go laaaa la la laaa la la laaaaa la la laaaa..." to, what I am on about I hear you cry?

Well, if you know the song, you'll know what I'm on about, if you don't know the song, well have a listen, it's a classic, and then you'll know what I'm on about!

The song, A Spaceman came travelling, by Chris De Burgh - yes, the one who sang "Lady In Red" also sang this belter in 1975, hard to believe that it's actually 34 years old!

The story behind it is actually quite funny, as it retells the story of how the Angel Gabriel came to give a message to the shepherds, but with aspaceship and a spaceman instead!!!

In the song, the lyrics refer to a second coming of Christ, "The stranger returned and said 'now I must fly. When two thousand years of your time has gone by. This song will begin once again, to a baby's cry..." - well sorry Chris, but we passed the Millenium, and I don't think we've seen the rebirth of Christ since!

Ah well, we'll all just have to believe that the son of God is indeed David Icke!

Anyway, here's the song...



I couldn't let this pass without putting another link in, as this version is pretty cool too...



Enjoy!

No comments: